Those looking for a budget smartphone have few option to go for while Nokia has lowest budget phone Nokia c5 and later series non touch based symbian and sony Phone are high priced at Rs 9500 so if you want some thing around 7k Samsung is your best bet in the branded segment. Here some may argue about the Spice, Intex phone which also offer android interface, but true phone quality lack in those phone simply because their lack of technological knowledge and research backed by big brands who have deeper pockets to fund such project.
Launching a smartphone just like that dont make any sense unless you have what it takes to be a smartphone.
Here Samsung Galaxy Y series was now having new competitor Galaxy Y Pocket..
One may want to look into the past of what the previous version attempted to give to the audience what lacked and what held the Galaxy phone.
The galaxy pocket does have a larger pocket a 3Gb inbuilt memory and room for another 32 Gb of externat memory, Well if i am not wrong 3Gig is lot for a basic smartphone class as I recall Nokia model which was above 15k with 2 to 6 Gb models and here what had brought technology together is the price and Android interface 2.3.6 Gingerbread version at a price lower then the previous version which have a large display offcours and cost 7300 against 6900 of galaxy pocket
Looks there is nothing new with galaxy Y pocket except the 3Gb internal memory out of which I guess 50 percent would taken care by the Android OS itself plus system resources which lagged in just 290 Mb in the previous version of Samsung galaxy y
- Main features are 2.8 Inch of smooth touch display with 264k colour support not much i would say here definitely not suitable for HD games not to mention you have to work with 2. inch instead of 3.0 inch in the previous version
- Weight 97 gram
- 2 MP camera no front camera so don't ask for video calling with this one go for Samsung Primo (some shopkeeper says they are moving this baby out of market so hurry if you must) instead if you like that. Suggest outdoor shooting for better quality no flash Bhai. Oh oh only 2x zoom is supported suggested download Instagram app
- Phone book got room for 1000 entries plus Sim card well no body is stopping you for online synch and beside you have plenty of room for Box net app which you can download from play.google.com
- Touch is preety smooth but response with game interface if you playing car racing is not great.
- Gps.Geo tagging,accelerometer, Err consumes lot of battery and memory too..
- Fm reception was good but only four channel can be shortcut on the screen.
- Some of you may think that you can upgrade Galaxy pocket with Icecream 4.0 becuase of the extended inbuilt memory but its not I am afraid as there is no change in Rom or Microprocessor of the galaxy Y pocket if upgraded would throw price way higher.If you are looking for better phone you should look in 10K plus catagory in the smartphone segment and would be better benefiteed
- Microprocessor ARM 2 800 Mhz and
- 1450 low end battery when I say low end I mean it people are buying a second battery withing a month after purchasing galaxy Y seemed a common problem with high end or low end gadgets this days.
- 3g network download speed is ok but upload sucks guess its not HSDup speed goes upto 300Kbps max while with modem and same sim card and network on laptop it is high up 500 kbps. Surfing is good and smooth with a java based browser like Opera or Dolphoin. Recommend Uc browser for downloads.
- Multimedia== Well the music was good enough the head phone has a excellent quality however I suggest download Winamp player for better quality and for watching video download the Mx player as the model only support 3Gp movies and videos.
- Overall a great phone at a budget price alternatively look for Lg optimus 350 cost around 6900